Wenger wanted Gunners stay

first_imgThe 68-year-old has since received widespread acclaim for the impact he has had on the Premier League, following the announcement, but now admits he would rather have delayed his departure.Wenger still has one year left on his current contract.Speaking ahead of the Europa League semi-final first leg clash with Atletico Madrid, he said: “The timing was not my decision. The rest I have spoken about it already.“I focus on what I have to do every day.“At the moment, I work like ever.”Wenger added that he intends to carry on working in the future “for sure”.The former Monaco and Nagoya Grampus coach built on previous comments that the decision was made in the best interest of the club when he added: “Is there a perfect goodbye? I don’t know. I just want to do as well as I can.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Arsene Wenger has been tipped to coach FranceLONDON, United Kingdom, Apr 26- Arsene Wenger has revealed that it was not his decision to depart Arsenal at the end of the season.The Gunners boss announced his imminent exit from the club after 22 years of service on Friday amid ongoing and repeated calls for his sacking.last_img read more

Learn More →

Afrika takes top sevens accolade

first_imgThe lightning-fast Cecil Afrika saw offcompetition from two New Zealand rivalsto scoop the title of IRB Sevens RugbyPlayer of the Year.Image: International Rugby Board)MEDIA CONTACTS • Yusuf JacksonMedia manager, South African Rugby Union+27 82 739 7733Emily van RijswijckEastern Cape-born Cecil Afrika, top points and try scorer in the 2010/2011 HSBC Sevens World Series, was recently named the International Rugby Board‘s (IRB) Sevens Player of the Year.The award ceremony took place at the Vektor Arena in Auckland, New Zealand on 24 October, following the successful completion of the seventh Rugby World Cup which was won by hosts New Zealand. The awards also celebrated the 125th anniversary of the IRB.Sevens rugby fans will hardly be surprised, as the slightly built Afrika dominated the sevens rugby scene this year, despite a recurring jawbone injury which caused him to miss the Wellington leg of the tournament early in the season.Playing in the flyhalf position, pacy Afrika shone on the rugby field from a young age, where he first represented his country in the school side in 2006. In 2008 he was part of the under-20 squad which reached the third place playoff at the 2008 IRB Junior World Championships.The first tournament of the upcoming HSBC Sevens World Series season kicks off in Australia on 25 and 26 November.From there the series moves to Dubai early in December before arriving at the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality for the South African leg on 9 and 10 December.Top try scorerAfrika’s abilities overshadowed fellow nominees Tomasi Cama and Tim Mikkelson, both Kiwi players. Scoring 40 tries, the South African notched up an unrivalled 385 points, 86 more than Cama despite playing in one less tournament.The three shortlisted players were chosen by the management of all the participating teams.The 23-year-old Afrika helped South Africa secure tournament wins in Las Vegas, London and Edinburgh. But, like their counterparts in the main rugby event, the New Zealand sevens team were too strong for the competition and clinched the series with a convincing 150 points scored during the season.National sevens coach Paul Treu says Afrika’s best attribute is his ability to play consistently across all games, while his strong defence has saved many an almost-certain try.Treu remembers Afrika’s determination to make it to the top, saying that the flyhalf was not picked for the team three years ago. Despite this setback, Afrika trained with the team without a contract so that he could one day be considered.His determination paid off and he finally made his debut in the Dubai leg of the 2009/2010 series.“What he has achieved since then is just incredible and his rise through the ranks from a very humble childhood in Port Elizabeth to a star performer on the world stage is an incredible and inspiring story,” adds Treu.Arika dedicated the award to his teammates: “I am extremely proud of the award but I view it as an accolade for the team. My teammates, the coach and management all worked very hard and we endure the joy and pain together.”last_img read more

Learn More →

PHIUS Draws a Line in the Sand

first_imgPHIUS tries to trademark CPHC and threatens New York Passive HouseOn January 12, 2012, PHIUS tried to trademark the letters “CPHC.” Moreover, on January 18, 2012, PHIUS sent a cease-and-desist letter to New York Passive House, challenging the organization’s use of their e-mail address list. For details on these stories, see PHIUS Tries to Trademark ‘Certified Passive House Consultant.’ UPDATED on 1/27/2012On August 17, 2011, the Passivhaus Institut in Darmstadt, Germany cut all contractual ties with the Passive House Institute U.S. (PHIUS). The director of the Passivhaus Intstitut, Wolfgang Feist, announced, “We must make it clear that PHIUS may no longer rely on PHI’s name and expertise to bolster its own image.”This announcement meant that Americans interested in obtaining internationally recognized Passivhaus training could no longer depend on PHIUS to provide that training. Stepping into the breach, trainers from the Passive House Academy in Ireland began offering training in New York and California. Unlike PHIUS, the Passive House Academy has good relations with the Passivhaus Institut in Germany, so training by the Passive House Academy is internationally recognized. PHIUS fights backApparently worried about its eroding share of the lucrative market for Passivhaus training, PHIUS has issued a broadside aimed at the Passive House Academy.On January 17, 2012, PHIUS sent out an e-mail announcing that only PHIUS was allowed to use the phrase “certified passive house consultant.” The e-mail noted, “PHIUS has invested and continues to invest a great deal into its North American-focused training. … Consequently, PHIUS intends to assure the common law rights inuring to it from its long-standing use of the CPHC mark. It is a term that can only be used by our PHIUS-certified CPHC community. PHIUS’ attorneys are issuing a cease-and-desist request to the Passive House academy and other organizations using the term CPHC. We are also requesting that the Academy carefully and explicitly identifies itself as distinct from PHIUS or Passive House Alliance. We will ask other Passive House organizations to make the same distinction.”Whether or not PHIUS’s claim to exclusive “common law rights” to the phrase “certified passive house consultant” will survive the scrutiny of the courts remains an open question. (For more information on attempts to trademark Passivhaus terms, see Can ‘Passive House’ Be Trademarked?)One person who received the PHIUS’s e-mail was New York architect Ken Levenson. “The Passive House Academy is doing trainings on both coasts,” said Levenson. “PHIUS is worried that there is confusion about whether the Academy is associated with PHIUS. Unfortunately, their response is to come down like a ton of bricks.”last_img read more

Learn More →

10 months agoArsenal boss Emery rules out Ozil move: We need him

first_imgArsenal boss Emery rules out Ozil move: We need himby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal manager Unai Emery has ruled out a January move for Mesut Ozil.The German has fallen out of favour as of late and missed Wednesday’s EFL Cup quarter-finals with Tottenham, with Emery citing “tactical reasons” behind the decision.However, the Spaniard insists Ozil remains important to his plans.He told reporters: “I want every player with a good mentality to help us. He can give us his quality and his characteristics. We need Mesut Ozil.”Every player wants to play and help the team when we need them. The frustration is the same for everybody when they haven’t played a match.”I have told him what we need from him. He has the commitment to help us and the quality and the characteristics to help us when the team need him on the pitch.”Tomorrow he is in the 18 players in the squad.”When asked again on whether Ozil’s future lies at Arsenal, Emery said: “Yes, why not?” TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Learn More →

10 months agoTottenham boss Pochettino takes aim at Hazard for 2016 taunt

first_imgTottenham boss Pochettino takes aim at Hazard for 2016 tauntby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has taken aim at Chelsea star Eden Hazard.Pochettino recalls the likes of Hazard stating they wanted Leicester to win the title in 2016.Hazard said: “We don’t want Tottenham to win the Premier League – the fans, the club and the players,” ahead of a bad-tempered 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge in May that extinguished Tottenham’s hopes once and for all.And Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri – who was unaware of Pochettino’s remarks – declared yesterday: “I think the title is a fight between City and Liverpool.”Pochettino has not forgotten Hazard’s comment as he called for rival players and managers to keep their opinions quiet this time around.”When you are professional, some opinions you cannot make public,” he said.”Because after you create a big problem like what happened at Chelsea. That was more like a battle than a football game. Why did that happen? You know very well.”That’s why it’s compulsory to behave professionally. We translate a lot of emotion to the people. We are public persons.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Learn More →

a month agoLiverpool boss Klopp puts Gerrard on notice

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool boss Klopp puts Gerrard on noticeby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp wants Steven Gerrard to succeed him when he eventually leaves his post at Anfield.Reds legend Gerrard is the current Rangers boss, and has guided the Glasgow club to second in the Scottish Premiership, three points behind bitter rivals Celtic.”Kenny (Dalglish) and Stevie have both been a really big support from day one,” Klopp told Four Four Two.”Second, my position as a manager has nothing to do with the people around me. If Liverpool were to sack me tomorrow, then maybe Kenny would be the first choice to replace me, but they would probably bring Stevie down from Glasgow.”If you ask who should follow me, I’d say Stevie. I help him whenever I can. If someone gets your job, it’s not about them, it’s about you not being good enough.”I’m old enough to know that I give this job everything. I’m not a genius, I’m not perfect, but I give the club 100 per cent. If that’s enough, great. If it’s not, then it’s just the problem of the situation.” last_img read more

Learn More →

History repeats itself OSU exits NCAA Tournament following Sweet 16 falter

NEWARK, N.J. — For the second consecutive season, Ohio State exits the NCAA Tournament in the Sweet 16 — and, for the second consecutive season, an SEC team showed it the door. Shooting a season-low 32.8 percent from the floor, the OSU men’s basketball team could not hold on, and fell to Kentucky, 62-60, on Friday in Newark, N.J., in the NCAA Tournament. “Some of the shots we missed are shots we have been making all year,” OSU senior guard Jon Diebler said. “It is one of those games you have to give them credit. … Those are shots that we make, and tonight they weren’t going in.” Though a 3-point basket from Diebler tied the game, 60-60, with 21.1 seconds left, Kentucky freshman Brandon Knight hit a jumper in the lane with 5.4 seconds remaining to give the Wildcats the win. “Today he struggled shooting, but he made that last one,” Kentucky coach John Calipari said. “If we are in another game and it is late, that coach will know we’re playing through Brandon.” The final attempt by OSU junior guard William Buford was off the mark. After averaging 18 points in the Buckeyes’ first two tournament games, Buford had just nine points on a dismal 2-for-16 shooting. “Will got a great look off, and we had enough time to make a play on it if it didn’t go in,” OSU coach Thad Matta said. “I don’t know who it was that tipped it away from us.” The contest opened with poor shooting from both teams in front of a crowd of 18,343. OSU and Kentucky had hit only one field goal each when the whistle was blown for the first media timeout with 15:35 remaining in the half. OSU had three turnovers to Kentucky’s two during that stretch, but the Buckeyes led, 4-2. Though OSU shot just 30.8 percent from the floor in the first half, it was able to remain in the game by putting multiple Wildcats in foul trouble and connecting on 12 of its 15 free-throw attempts. The teams went to intermission knotted, 30-30. “Well,” Matta said, “one of those games where we had a hard time putting the ball in the basket.” Kentucky entered the locker room with 11 team fouls — including two on starters Knight, freshman forward Terrence Jones, senior forward Josh Harrellson and junior guard Darius Miller. The Wildcats’ sixth man, junior guard DeAndre Liggins, also had two fouls at the break. OSU fifth-year senior forward David Lighty was able to stay in front of Kentucky’s dribble-drive offense, and drew three charges early, including one on each of Kentucky’s two leading scorers, Knight and Jones. Foul trouble aside, Harrellson led the way for Kentucky early with 12 first-half points to go along with seven rebounds. The senior finished the game with 17 and 10, respectively. Overall, the Wildcats used a balanced attack as all six players who logged minutes scored. Liggins nearly matched Harrellson’s output with 15 points of his own. The teams traded baskets and played evenly for much of the second half as the score was 53-53 with 5:38 remaining in the game. With Buford struggling, the team relied on Freshman of the Year forward Jared Sullinger, who tallied 21 points and 16 rebounds, both game highs. Diebler added 16 for the Buckeyes, while Lighty had 12. Nothing the seniors could do made up for the team’s overall poor shooting. Lighty leaves OSU as the program leader in wins, with 128, and Diebler’s 374 made 3-pointers are tops in Big Ten history. “(We had) an incredible season, an incredible run for these guys,” Matta said. “I told them I never had a team like this, and, you know, these two guys (Diebler and Lighty), as seniors, were incredible.” The 19-for-58 shooting from OSU was good for more than 20 percentage points below its average in its first two tournament games. “It hurts,” Diebler said, “just because we felt we could — we could make a run at the championship.” The Buckeyes will be forced to watch the remainder of the NCAA Tournament from home as they follow Duke and Pittsburgh as No. 1 seeds to make an early exit. read more

Learn More →

Hospitals upgrade New Dialysis Machines simplify treatment

first_img Recommended for you Related Items:Cheshire Hall Medical Centre, Dr. Denise Braithwaite-Tennant, Dr. Vancelee Forbes, hospital, ndialysis machine, upgrade TCI Hospitals running over capacity for in-patient care Four year old boy killed by suspected self-inflicted gunshot; one in custody Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 13 Jan 2015 – The life cycle process which gave public monies to the Turks and Caicos Hospitals for the purchase of equipment upgrades for best care to TCI patients is responsible for the four and eventually nine new dialysis machines which have come to the Provo and Grand Turk medical facilities. Media was earlier today given a look at the new machines which are already working and which provide a state of the art care to the 28 patients currently getting dialysis treatment at Cheshire Hall in Provo and 11 patients at the Cockburn Town Medical Center in GT.“This machine will be able to have capabilities to transmit the vital signs, and the recording features actually into our electronic medical records system which is a great improvement for us, that reduces the manual process of human error when you are taking down numbers, so that’s a great feature. Plus, we’ve found this machine is quieter, there is less noise and most of all, the patient comfort, knowing that we have a process where we have a system of upgrading the machines.” As the plan rolls out, there will eventually be six machines in Providenciales, three in Grand Turk and not only does the Dialysis Unit, which is headed by Turks and Caicos Islander, nephrologist/internist, Dr. Vancelee Forbes cater to locals, but it serves guests to the country who are in need of renal care while here on holiday. Dr. Denise Braithwaite-Tennant, Chief of Medical Services calls it continuous quality improvement and 64 year old, 10 year dialysis patient, Elizabeth ‘Vickie’ Jones said she is happy to be able to watch TV on the new machine as she gets treatment and that she has noticed a difference. “The first day was last Friday I started on the new one, in this arm I had fluid in it and it was like swollen all the time and when I got home and I felt the arm, it was like gone . So, I feel a lot better you know, coming off of the new one.” The new machines cost $20,000 apiece. As for what happens to the older dialysis machines, they will not be de-commissioned, they can be used as back-ups. TCI Tourism & Health Officials attend major Medical Tourism Conferencelast_img read more

Learn More →