Boy awarded €7,000 after insect found in his meal

first_imgA 14 year old boy has been awarded more than €7,000 after finding a dead insect in his meal.The boy, who was just 11 at the time in June 2013, was eating a meal which was prepared by his mother when he noticed the insect. The creature had been contained in a jar of food which had been bought at the local Tesco store in Co Donegal.Barrister James O’Donnell told Letterkenny Circuit that the boy was immediately nauseous and began vomiting.He continued vomiting for a while thereafter but has since made a full recovery.The boy was in court accompanied by his mother.Describing it as a good offer, Judge John O’Hagan said he had no hesitation in approving the offer of €7,250 which included special damages.He ordered the balance of the money, €7,150, be lodged in the Four Courts until the boys reaches the age of 18.Boy awarded €7,000 after insect found in his meal was last modified: December 17th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:awarddonegalinsecttescolast_img